Sorry I haven’t been around…..
First off, let me apologize for my missing blogs. It’s been a very hectic couple of months and as I’ve stated before, writing doesn’t come easy for me. So, like many, I skip it when faced with other more pressing matters. What’s been going on you ask? Well I’ll start by sharing something personal… then I’ll share a few tips on Organizing and Moving before the holidays… because I’m excited that I’m finally back at it and busier than ever. In fact, September was my best month yet!!!
Ahhhh, where to start. On October 1st, my son moved out to start his life and something else (that I can’t get into the details about) affected my daughter on the very same day… My family underwent a huge challenge this month. I’m not going to get into the details because they’re a bit private, but the main thing is that I experienced the empty nest syndrome in a BIG WAY. Enough said.
I will share few lessons that have helped me this month. We all know them but tend to forget. Maybe they will help you in some way too:
- We have to take care of ourselves first… Like they say on an airplane if we lose cabin pressure put your mask on first before helping others. So, I bought a Peloton. I want to exercise more!
- Don’t let your emotions define you… Recognize them as feelings and emotions. Sit with them, and be ok with them, and then move on. I’m trying to stay positive!
- Set boundaries that work for you… Not others. It’s ok to say no to others to protect your space, your energy and what will serve you best.
- Stay busy, but not too busy… Being busy helps. Keep your mind focused on what you love, and always make time for sleep. A good night’s sleep can do wonders for the mind and body.
- Believe…I Believe it will all work out!!
Ok, I know enough mushy stuff, now for some Tips on Organizing and Moving before the holidays.
- Start early… If you know that you are planning a move and want to be settled by Thanksgiving or Christmas book your movers as soon as you can. Its best to book movers 30 days out if you have a specific date in mind. Movers are very busy, and some are slightly short on staff due to Covid and family constraints/obligations.
- Everything needs a home… Whether you are moving or simply pairing down last years holiday decor, everything needs a home. Keeping like with like will make moving and organizing easier and quicker.
- Label your items… Again, keeping like with like will help, but having labels are essential especially if you are using boxes or colored bins. Labels help you quickly identify what you have so you don’t purchase duplicates that you don’t need. I know you think you will remember what’s in each bin or box, but in all honesty, you have to admit, that the holidays and moving get crazy and you may forget, so why not let yourself off the hook and just label.
- Ask for help… It’s ok to ask for help, everyone needs it every so often and I am here for you.
If you are in need of holiday organizing and or decorating, or if you are planning a move, please call me directly at 310.904.9720 or contact me.